Location: Schusev State Muesuem of Architecture, Moscow
Program: Exhibition of the work of MLA+
The exhibition “City. Neighbourhood. Home” introduces the work of MLA+ to Russia. The exhibition featured a large scale video installation that examines three scales of our work:
- City – How to stop outward growth and enable the transformation of the existing city?
- Neighbourhood – How to build comfortable unique neighbourhoods instead of standardized and generic districts?
- Home – How to create a variety of good quality homes that make cities livable?
The exhibition was taking place in the Schusev State Architecture Museum in Moscow and was accompanied by a lecture and discussion series to expand the discourse on the development of Russian cities, neighbourhoods and buildings together with invited Russian and international planners, developers, government officials and with the general public:
- 19.01.2016 – Vernissage 19:00
- 20.01.2016 – Markus Appenzeller, Partner MLA+, extended on the title of the exhibition and illustrates the MLA+ way of working in cities around the globe
- 04 02.2016 – Transforming City. Working within the existing Russian city
- 18.02.2016 – Perpetual Crisis? Urban neighbourhoods in complicated times
- 03.03.2016 – New Housing. Homes for the next generation
- 11.03.2016 – Finissage and lecture by Gerard Maccreanor, Partner MLA+
The exhibition was visited by a large audience of people and widely published across Russia.
The exhibition was made possible with the generous support of PSN Group and the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Russia.
MLA+: Markus Appenzeller, Yana Golubeva, Martin Probst, Ana Skachokova