A new park – gateway to the landscape
Location: Voronezh, Russia
Client: Department of Natural Resources and Ecology of the Voronezh region
Programme: Ecological park on the territory of 52 hectares
Ecological Park was designed as an entrance node to the Large Voronezh ecotrail, passing through Nogarnaya Dubrava reserve (potential national park).
The purpose of the park – environmental education, eco-tourism, the creation of a public space of a new type. The park was developed on the basis of planning and environmental analysis, maximum forest preservation is envisaged. Park structure consists of a central axis and thematic blocks\routes connected to it.
Thematic elements were identified during the research of the modern use of the area, the wishes of visitors, as well as reference projects and include:
- Entrance zone, place where basic services and information objects are concentrated
- Active recreation area (children’s and sports)
- Romantic Trail (quiet walking zone)
- Wedding trail (location for photographing)
- Picnics zone (glade for family recreation)
- Ecological trail (environmental education)
- Ecological camp and eco hotel
In addition to the planning structure for the park we have developed the design code based on the use of local materials. Design code includes the library of standard elements and unique objects, such as an environmental visitor center, viewing tower and others.
2015 Programming, Concept Design
MLA+: Markus Appenzeller, Yana Golubeva, Reza Al-Kaabi, Victor Korotych, Ana Skachokova, Mikhail Stepura, Taisia Khalikova, Arseniy Konnov